Access to and the use of The UK Directory and other networked sites both within the UK and internationally is provided by The UK Directory on the following terms:
- By using The UK Directory you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of The UK Directory. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to The UK Directory.
- The UK Directory may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of The UK Directory will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the The UK Directory site (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- You agree to use The UK Directory only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of The UK Directory. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The UK Directory.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use The UK Directory content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any The UK Directory content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of The UK Directory content requires the prior written permission of The UK Directory.
- The names, images and logos identifying The UK Directory or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The UK Directory and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of The UK Directory or any other third party.
Contributions to The UK Directory
- The UK Directory does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “content”) that you post on or through The UK Directory or other networked sites. After posting your content to The UK Directory, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your content, subject to the limited license herein. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any content on or through The UK Directory or other networked sites, you hereby grant to The UK Directory a limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such content solely on or through The UK Directory services, including without limitation distributing part or all of The UK Directory in any media formats and through any media channels and you hereby waive all so-called moral rights you may have in the content. This limited license does not grant The UK Directory the right to sell or otherwise distribute your content outside of the The UK Directory services.
- The license you grant to The UK Directory is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your content to anyone else in addition to The UK Directory), irrevocable (meaning you are not able to revoke this licence), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that The UK Directory is not required to pay you for the use on The UK Directory services of the content that you post), sub-licensable (so that The UK Directory is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the The UK Directory services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the The UK Directory services are global in reach).
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the The UK Directory services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set above, and (ii) the posting of your content on or through the The UK Directory services does not violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of any content posted by you on or through the The UK Directory services.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with The UK Directory.
- If you do not want to grant The UK Directory the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with The UK Directory.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The majority of content posted on the The UK Directory site is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of The UK Directory. The UK Directory are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the The UK Directory site or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the The UK Directory site. Any links to third party websites from the The UK Directory site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by The UK Directory and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- The UK Directory content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The UK Directory, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, The UK Directory excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The UK Directory does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by The UK Directory is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of The UK Directory for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes The UK Directory’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, The UK Directory shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b ) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c ) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of The UK Directory site regardless of the form of action.
- The UK Directory does not warrant that functions available on The UK Directory site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The UK Directory or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of The UK Directory to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the The UK Directory right to enforce that right.